William's father is unknown however it is assumed he was born in County Down, Ireland and died in Berkeley County, Virginia, which is in the part that is now West Virginia.
1. David FARIS born 1736 in Ulster, Northern Ireland
2. William FARIS born 1734 in County Down or Antrim, Ireland
3. Arthur FARIS
4. Cornelius FARIS
Born 1734 in County Down or Antrim, Ireland.
He married Dorratha Johnson 1758 in County Down, Ireland.
William emigrated from Ulster around 1762, with brothers David and Arthur and sister Cornelius. They finally settled in Berkeley County Virginia, residing in the Lower Back Creek Valley.
They had the following children;
1. John FARIS born May 17 1759 in County Down, Ireland
2. David FARIS born 1761
3. Adam FARIS born November 6 1763
4. Mary FARIS born September 24 1768 in Berkeley County, VA
5. William FARIS born May 22 1772 in Martinsburg, Berkeley County, VA
He served in the Revolutionary War as a private in Captain Bentley's company, Colonel Marshall's regiment, Virginia troops.
Some of this information comes from a Daughter of the American Revolution file #154028M
William died August 1 1818 in Ohio County, Virginia, alternate sources list a death year of 1814 in Elm Grove?